Mr Tree, Harry and Stacey (Year 1),Max and Lucy (Year 2), Sophie and Max (Year 3), Leona and Evan (Year 4), Noah and Alisha (Year 5), Hannah and Jack (Year 6)
- Mr Tree welcomed new Year 1 School Councillors Harry and Stacey, all other school councillors introduced themselves to them
- Discos – Friends of Powell Corderoy asked the School Council what they thought about discos. The children were overwhelmingly positive.
Jack said ‘tickets are sold for a good price’
Evan said ‘its great for people who like it and you don’t have to go’
Alisha said ‘it’s good value for money’
- Friends of Powell Cordeory have asked the school council for ideas on how to spend their money. Max suggested play equipment for the playground; Evan said books for the library such as Mr Gom and Dork Diaries. Another popular idea was new cameras as there are very few in the school.
- Sustrans Survey – the school has been asked to fill in a survey about how children travel to school. The School Councillors looked at the questions and will ask their classes in the following week.
- The School Council discussed ideas for their annual game at the Christmas Fair. Ideas so far –
Alisha suggested throw the toy in the hoop, Hannah suggested a tunnel of clothes where you find a prize, Alisha and Evan suggested ‘Splay the Teacher’.
Actions for next meeting
- Photos of Max and Stacey to be placed on website
- Sustrans survey to take place in each class
- Children to consider ideas for games at the Christmas Fair